Family Promise is a partnership of congregations and community outreach programs within Bartow County that are striving to help the children and families who are facing homelessness. Family Promise offers an opportunity for volunteers of all faiths to reduce homelessness and transform lives. Through the efforts of Hosting and Supporting Congregations, we can make a difference!
Summary of Program Benefits:
- Safe homelike shelter where families can stay together.
- Intensive case management by Network Director to assist in finding housing and jobs and meeting other needs.
- Securing long term housing.
- Cite the caring of volunteers as one of the most important benefits, “I never knew so many people cared.”
- Helping homeless families directly – to make a difference that can be seen and felt.
- Providing outreach within their own facility or a nearby location.
- A wide range of volunteer activities, schedules and levels of commitment.
- Families can volunteer together.
- Outreach within their own facilities focusing on local community needs.
- Participation in an interfaith ministry
- Building community thru shared service
For the Community
- Cost-efficient use of community resources.
- Prevents duplication of services within the community through use of local agencies.
- Homeless are part of community not institutionalized.
- A catalyst for other community support initiatives such as job counseling, parenting workshops, money management, transitional housing, etc.